New Student Orientation
New Student Orientation (NSO) is a half-day program for admitted incoming freshmen and transfer students. NSO is an essential learning experience to start your first year off right! Orientation sessions are offered at all three ASU-Newport campuses: Jonesboro, Marked Tree, and Newport. During orientation you will learn what classes to take, how to register, and the resources available to help you succeed. Additionally, you'll receive personalized advising. Please bring some form of ID either your driver’s license or military ID in order for you to receive your official ASU-Newport ID.
There is no fee associated with attending orientation at one of our campuses. On the campus of your choice, we will help you make connections and start feeling comfortable. Choose a time and location that is convenient for you. You may attend a new student orientation at any campus and register for classes at another campus, but we would strongly recommend attending an orientation on the campus you will be taking classes.
New Student Orientation will occur on an individual basis before the Spring 2017 Semester. Please call the campus you plan on attending, to setup your private New Student Orientation.
Marked Tree: 870-358-2117
BEFORE YOUR NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION SESSION
Make sure that you have submitted the following items to the Admissions Office:
- Official college transcripts for ALL colleges that you attended
- Final High School Transcript (for freshman who have never attended college)
- ALL ACT, SAT, or ACCUPLACER scores (for freshman and Transfer students wishing to take English I and/or College Algebra). Need to take a placement exam? Click here to register.
- Proof of two (2) Measles Mumps and Rubella (MMR) shots
- Students entering ASUN Spring 2017 and Summer 2017, complete the 2016-2017 FAFSA. Students entering ASUN Fall 2017, complete the 2017-2018 FAFSA. Click here to visit the FAFSA website.
- ASU-Newport’s School Code is 042034.
Need Additional Assistance?
Admissions: Call 870-512-7889
Financial Aid: Call 870-512-7835
Veteran Services: Call 870-680-8740
Testing Services: Call 870-512-7876
Business Office: Call 870-512-7802
Disability Services: Call 870-512-7742