Step 1: Application (time 15-25 minutes)
Simply create an account after clicking on the following link, ASU-Newport Application. If you have any questions or run into an issue, you can contact us at
During the application process, the system will create a login based on your first name and last name. Please write this login down as it will be your login for MyCampus (mycampus.asun.edu) and your email address upon entrance into ASU-Newport. This login will also allow your information to be saved as you progress through the application.
Please take your time and answer the questions to the best of your ability. Information that is incorrect may cause a delay in the processing of your application. Once the admissions application is submitted, the Admissions Office will review it and contact you via your personal email that you provided when creating your MyCampus account.
Step 2: Submit Required Documents
As a visiting student, you will only be required to submit documents if you plan to enroll in English Comp 1 (ENG 1003) and/or College Algebra (MATH 1023). To enroll in these courses, you must submit ACT, Accuplacer, Compass, SAT scores, or unofficial transcripts listing completion of pre-requisite courses to our Admissions office.
For all other courses, you may enroll immediately after your application is completed and processed.
If you need to submit test scores or unofficial trancripts, upload these documents via MyCampus. Click here to learn how to upload documents via MyCampus.
For the Office of Admission's forms and resources click here. If you have questions, please email
Step 3: Admitted!
Once you receive your admitted student communication, you are ready to enroll in courses!
Step 4: Enrolling in Courses
- Go to mycampus.asun.edu and login.
- Select "Academics", then select "Online Registration"
- On the enrollment dropdown, make sure it states "Visiting Student Program"
- Under "Term", select the term you wish to enroll in
- Hit the "Select" button to the far right
- On the next page, select "Begin Online Registration"
- Under "Course Search" there are 2 areas to select:
- Under "Display" select "Elective"
- Under "Search Results" click on the "+" sign (left side of class) for the class you wish to enroll.
- Click on the "Add" button
- Under Selected Courses click on "Proceed to Final Step"
- On the next page, click on the "Register/Drop1" button to submit your schedule
- On the next page your classes will be listed under the "Course Schedule" tab
Step 5: Get your Books/Pass your Class
If you would like to purchase your books through the ASU-Newport Bookstore, visit https://asun.textbooktech.com.
Summer 1 classes begin May 23, 2017!
Summer 2 classes begin July 5, 2017!
Fall 2017 classes begin August 21, 2017!
Step 6: Pay your Bill
Go to mycampus.asun.edu and login. Click on the link that says "Click here to View/Pay Your Bill" in the middle of the homepage. Once the page loads, you should see a button that states "Make a Payment". Select Account and enter an amount to pay. Follow the instructions based on the method of payment.
Step 7: Get your classes transferred!
When you need your completed courses transferred to your home institution, click here to access the transcript and records request form. Complete and submit the form, and you're all set!